Chichester Yoga Class Descriptions
* Lalita Yoga: is Chichester Yoga’s signature class. Lalita Yoga combines energetics, intuitive touch and rigorous asana in a heated room. You’ll clean your blood thought sweating out toxins, strengthen your body and safely lengthen the muscle and connective tissue. Come enjoy this transformative practice! Room is heated to 75-80 degrees.(It’s warm to make for a safe practice and a deeper detox. This is not hot yoga.
*Basics and Beginners Lalita Yoga:This class focuses on the basic principals of Lalita Yoga including breath, alignment, strength and flexibility. Poses are taught in detail and modifications are given for injuries. This class will prepare you for all Open Level classes at the studio. No experience is required. This class is open to all. Experienced students can up level this class on their own. Class will however cater to basics and beginner technique.
* Align and Refine: This class focuses on one area of the body. The aim of the class is to spend extra time helping the regular students work out the chronic kinks in their practice. We work unevenly, working the tighter side of the body longer to bring balance and diminish pain. All levels of poses will be taught with emphasis on technique. Room is heated to 80 degrees. Runners and Bikers-Give up being a pain junkie and get your butt to this class!
*Yin Yoga: A restorative practice that focuses on gently stretching connective tissue by holding a yin pose. The body responds by making the tissue longer and stronger. Although connective tissue is found in every bone, muscle, and organ, it’s most concentrated at the joints. If you don’t use your full range of joint flexibility, the connective tissue will slowly shorten to the minimum length needed to accommodate your activities. If you try to flex your knees or arch your back after years of under use, you’ll discover that your joints have been “shrink-wrapped” by shortened connective tissue. This is a great compliment to your more active practice which focuses on stretching the muscle.
*Express Basics– Express Classes are shorter in length and are Lalita Yoga style. Great attention is paid to detail and helping you build the foundations of strength and flexibility. They are 45 minutes long and are great if you’re pressed for time or on a budget. All are welcome.
* Asanapy®: Asanapy was co-created by Megan Leigh and Dr. Cheryl Cornelius. It is an 8-week course combining yoga, writing and hands on healing. When Dr. Cornelius co- teaches, we also incorporate dialogue work. The goal of Asanapy is to help yogis investigate some of what comes up as the result of a regular practice. It aims to help students go deeper into the process of healing and to connect with other students on the path. Email us for more information.
Summer 2014 Prices
* Single Class 18/14/12
*5 Class Card-80.00 (Two month expiration. No sharing. No freezing.)
* 30-day Unlimited -120 – Practice as much as you like for 30 days.
*Family of 3 Unlimited- 240 a month/family. Auto pay only. This is for parents and children under 16.
*Family of 4 Unlimited-280/month/family. Auto pay only. Parents and children under 16.
* Intuitive Healing/Cranio Sacral Therapy/Massage at the Studio: 70-125
More Important Info
* Classes will start promptly. Please come at least 10 minutes early and stay for the entirety of the class. For your first class allow a bit more time to fill out an information form and purchase your class card.
* Wear comfortable clothing that you feel good in and something to keep your hair out of your eyes.
* You’ll get thirsty so bring water.
* Chichester Yoga is a perfume-free environment. Please be considerate of your fellow yogis and rinse off any fragrance before class.
*Chichester Yoga reserves the right to cancel class at any time. It is the responsibility of the student to know when his or her class package expires.